Monday, July 9, 2012

An Afternoon of Spray Paint, Part 2.

Yesterday during my spray painting frenzy I also painted an old milk can to go in my kitchen.  I got it for $10 at a garage sale.  I did actually prime this one to cover up where it said charcoal.  It looked pretty grungy when I got it.


I used the same Cherry Red from the chairs. I had a bit left over.  I was probably more impatient than I should have been here.  The primer could have been more dry, and maybe I could have done a better job getting the paint on there even but hey, I think it looks just fine.  I already said that I was a bit of a half-assed crafter.  Now if I can just keep my cat from crawling in and getting stuck...


I learned a couple more things about spray painting after my last post.

1.  You should probably always ware a mask or bandana over your mouth and nose.  I discovered this later when I blew my nose.  Needless to say I had some lovely Cherry Red snot which you probably didn't care to know.

2.  Even if the painted item is dry, if you bring it in the house on the first day your house will smell very much like spray paint.  Perhaps even for days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment